MilliLee Organic and Non-Organic Clothing

Thursday, October 28, 2010

why DyPeas?

I get overwhelmed when I look through all the cloth diaper options that are available, and the main reason I didn't want to get into the cloth diaper business was because of all the options. I really didn't think I could find a niche in the market-nor did I have the desire too. (just being honest)

So why sell them? I have cloth diapered my boys, and I got bored of the VERY few color options out there. I haven't had luck with fleece diapers (they were bulkier and heavier), so I sat down and designed one that had endless possibilities with good ol' school cotton. After all, "cotton is the fabric of our lives." (What a great slogan.) My youngest son named them DyPeas because that is why he calls them!
DyPeas Cloth Diaper
DyPeas are complete diapers. They are pocket diapers. There are MANY styles out there, and you have to find what fits YOUR baby the best. My husband and I have both used different styles; and we both always choose a reliable pocket diaper for nap time, night time and for having a slim look during the day. Naturally, when I designed the diaper we chose a pocket style to use. I love the inner layer being a lightweight fleece that wics away moisture keeping your baby feeling drier. Whenever my son wears a disposable his eczema really gets irritated, so the "stay-dry-fleece" really keeps his eczema in-check. The hidden middle waterproof fabric helps keep clothes dry and moisture inside the diaper. The trendy cotton designs is so cute-you will find my son running around with no pants in the summer -just shirt, John Deere DyPeas and sandals. The cotton also dries quickly. The insert is gender specific because it keeps the diaper trim and yet VERY absorbent. The insert comes out to ensure great cleaning, and quicker dry times.
Boy insert
 I don't have one size diapers because I feel they add to much bulk. I have added to the rise of the diapers. They now have a rise for mediums of  17.5", and smalls 15.5". The elastic in the tummy helps it contour to the baby's belly, as well as the elastic on baby's back.

My son (24mo) uses around 6-8 DyPeas a day. That includes a night time diaper. We very rarely have leaks, but sometimes I forget to change him after nap and 6 hours later his diaper is at it's limit! (For night time I use extra night time squares, so it is bulkier-however he gets through 12 hours no problem.)

There is a learning curve to cloth diapering. Just like there are different sizes of disposables there are different "pack" levels of pocket diapers. A newborn to 12 mo. old is going to go through more diapers than a 2 year old. You just have to learn when your baby needs changed.  It doesn't take long.

I sew and sell diapers because I feel like I can offer a way to make cloth diapering fun, and yet have a trim and absorbent diaper.

There are MANY good diapers out there. DyPeas are cute and trendy pocket diapers that allow maximum absorbency and minimal bulk.

I hope you enjoy looking through my fabrics, and give DyPeas a try!

Happy Wednesday,
Milli

1 comment:

  1. I love mine! It's the best looking diaper I have on my stash! =) and soooo soft!!!

    ~ Maybelline ~

    ReplyDelete