MilliLee Organic and Non-Organic Clothing

Saturday, August 21, 2010

sew for now...

This is a few updates in one. I am getting behind! I have been sewing like mad to get ready for the Art Show in a few weeks.

I will be selling mostly handmade girls boutique clothes at the show, and not so many diapers. DyPeas will be there with me though, but I think I will just be taking orders.

I am super excited about my professional photo shoot this coming Thursday with Live Beautiful Photography. Jess, the owner and photographer is AMAZING. She so gets my style. She is responsible for all my beautiful DyPeas Cloth Diaper photos. My son is one of the beautiful models and the other little precious baby is her handsome boy. Our feature little girl model is her daughter, and I couldn't ask for a better or cuter pre-schooler to be posing for our pics!
My clothing Etsy store will be going live in about 3 weeks. The name will be ...drum roll please....(okay seriously, do you so picture National Lampoons Christmas Vacation drum roll right now? no, just me? okay, anyway.)....MilliLee Designs. HA! (Remember I am not creative in this area.)

First, my new DyPeas Snap. I LOVE this diaper. I have cloth diapered BOTH my busy boys, and think this diaper makes things a little more simplified. (I still really really love my other ones too, but let's give props to the new guy on the block.) This diaper "shell" can be used over and over until dirty. Simply SNAP in and out gender specific inserts. I designed this diaper with a city mom in mind. I had read a couple articles regarding city/apt moms feeling left out of the cloth diaper world because of limited access to washing machines. This allows longer periods between washing, and simpler wash options.

Next, we have the "patchwork" skirt. I make the skirt out of all different kinds of fabric squares. The possibilities are endless. I love the shabby chic look it gives, and can't wait to see our little models in tights and some knee high fall boots with this skirt. A simple t-shirt will be so cute with the skirt. The hem is a secured unfinished look. I sorta want one myself. Yep, pretty sure I will sew one for me.


That is all for now. Have a wonderful Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. CAN'T WAIT to do our photoshoot!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Milli! I just found your blog. That skirt is so cute.

    We are loving our DyPeas diaper. It is so soft. I hope the art show goes well! :)

    -Victoria

    ReplyDelete