MilliLee Organic and Non-Organic Clothing

Friday, September 24, 2010

B-L-O-G (sounded out fenetically-midwestern accent-see what i did there??)

When I started sewing, I had no idea that I would be entering into a whole new world of small business. I really did think the small business lifestyle was gone. I had no idea there was a secret underworld of SB craziness. Let me explain; I sew but I spend, what seems to be, 193% of my time corresponding with bloggers and/or blogging on my own.

Merriam-Webster defines blog like this: a website that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments and often hyperlinks provided by the writer.

Since I have opened on July 3rd 2010, I have had over 30 blogger requests for reviews/giveaways. I am flattered they think my product is going to bring great business or "traffic" to their website, but I also understand the value of FREE. They receive a FREE product of mine so that they can review it, and then they offer my FREE
product to someone else. Now, you might think I am upset by this, but after several weeks of thinking through this whole process I am...LOVING IT! The power of the pen, typewriter and now keyboard, is mighty indeed. Writing is a brilliant form of communication and emotion. Words and punctuation
can make you buy something-make you love someone-make you understand someone/something. Even my 5 year old son gets this power.

We taught him how to read, and now I have been teaching him how to construct and punctuate a sentence the last few weeks. The teaching moment went like this:
"This is a period. It means the words before it are a statement or fact."
"Cool," said my son.
"This is a question mark. It means the words before it are forming a question."
"Uh-huh," said my son.
"This is an exclamation point. It means the words before it are exciting-they are probably being yelled."
"Oh," said my son.

A few days later, I came running into the living room because my oldest was yelling. I assumed he was yelling at his brother.
"What are you yelling about?" (I said yelling.)
"Oh, I am just reading."
He was reading a sentence with an exclamation point. I was (and still am) one proud mama.

He got the lesson. Emotion and thoughts can be conveyed brilliantly through the power of the mighty pen.

Blogging is the mighty pen-except in a new age. One used to keep a diary, but now they keep a blog. The blogging business is fierce. Many bloggers offer me free ad space, tweets here and there and a slew of networking opportunities. They work hard to have the best blog. I appreciate a good blogger/writer who excels at spelling, grammar and punctuation.

This crazy blogging world is a great way to get to know others, learn about FABULOUS products or promote your business.

So for now- blog on, bloggers, blog on!

Below is a list of the bloggers we have chosen for the next few months, and I look forward to their reviews/giveaways. Good luck, readers! I hope you enjoy reading these blogs.

October- http://www.raisingmy5sons.com/
November-http://familyliciousreviews.blogspot.com/
December-http://naturalbabybulletin.blogspot.com/
January-http://organic-mama.ca/

Happy Friday!
Milli

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I can't wait to try my new diaper! I am honored that you chose us to review your diaper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to have the opportunity to win one of your beautiful diapers! :)

    ReplyDelete